Finding Pedestrian and Bicyclist Crash Data In Washtenaw County
As discussed at a recent Washtenaw Bicycling & Walking Coalition Board meeting, the web site to find accident data for bike and pedestrian crashes is at the Michigan Traffic Crash Facts website...
When you go there...
1. Click on the "Data Entry Query" at the top of the page.
2. Pick what year or date range you want from the Dataset (Item 1)
3. Click on Item 2 (Geographic Area), "City" then when the menu opens up, select "Washtenaw County" followed by what location you want to view (i.e."Ypsilanti")
4. On Item 3 (Filters), click on "Select" and then scroll down to what you want, namely "Crash:Bicyclist" or "Crash:Pedestrian".
5. Once you click on a Filter item (i.e. "Crash:Bicyclist") go to the left side of the page and select how you want to review the data, such as "View Map", "View Table", "View List" and so on. Usually "View Map" is the most used and when you click on an incident icon, you will see three ways of getting information about the incident that took place there by clicking on either... More Info, Crash Report(s) or Street View